Join Team Capital Ward
Are you ready to make a big difference in the City of Ottawa?!
We are seeking a Councillor's assistant to work on planning, development, and community association issues at the grassroots level with residents and city stakeholders. The ideal candidate:
- is sort of a municipal nerd (this is not exclusively required however)
- is customer-service-driven, with knowledge of the planning and development process in Ottawa
- will have knowledge of city council and related/pertinent city committees, as well as local community associations
- has a well-rounded education with at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- has 2-3 years of work experience in a post-university role
- has 2-3 years of volunteer team experience in a hands-on capacity
- demonstrates analytical and problem-solving experience
- has excellent communications skills and a high degree of empathy
- bilingualism is an asset
The Councillor's assistant works in a team to solve day-to-day constituent issues and to move the policy agenda forward. The position is full-time at City Hall, with some evening and weekend work required, particularly with community associations in the ward. Benefits package is offered with salary commensurate with experience and skillset.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to kickstart her or his career working in a respectful workplace with daily opportunity for meaningful service and professional and personal growth.
Our office values employment equity and welcomes applications from diverse groups, including but not limited to, women, people of colour, indigenous persons, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by November 12th, 2018, and indicate when you're available to start.